Wednesday, April 20

I Gotta Have You- The Weepies

This song came on my Pandora Radio today. Immediately I was overcome with sweet memories of back when I was dating Brad. I was so head over heels and so twitterpated. Dating Brad was the life experience equivalent of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, huge brightly colored pinatas, and warm sand between your toes. His presence in my life made all things that were awesome before even MORE awesome. Listening to this song made me smile and get all warm & fuzzy inside.

We are a kinda far away from hating to say goodnight, dreaming about building our life together, and thinking making dinner together is fun- haha; but I'm happy to take a moment and realize that, indeed, the actual building of a life is entertaining, challenging, and at moments full of absolute bliss. We've created a home, a baby, and a nest egg together. We live in the lap of luxury: our baby sleeps 6-8 hours a night, we drive a civic with a brand new clutch, and we watch The Biggest Loser and Parks and Recreation without commercials. I might not be dating the most eligible bachelor in HB anymore, but I traded him in for a faithful, happy, devoted father and willing dish-dryer. And that, my friends, keeps me smiling and warm & fuzzy inside. :)

I love you, Brad.

"No, no, no, no, no- nothing else will do- I gotta have you."

No comments:

Post a Comment