Monday, February 4

James Elias Barttels

Baby boy had no name for the first 12 hours of his life, but finally we came around to a name!
James Elias. After his daddy's middle name & my great-grandfather's middle name. An Old & a New testament Bible name.
He is SO FAT. A GREAT eater. VERY snuggly. More hair, darker eyes (they might be blue, but I have a feeling they will be hazel like the rest of us), and SO MUCH LOUDER. I mean, the crying decibel level?? Wow. Opposite of Faye.
HOWEVER- he looks just like big sister. Different nose, but seriously, so similar! Apparently I only make one kind of baby! I didn't realize how similar they looked until I started looking at pictures of her at the same size. Those Barttels genes are strong!

Our home is full of love, without sleep, and happily settling in to being a family of four!

2 comments:

  1. He's adorable! I love Faye's adorable smile. She's so excited to be holding Jimmy. And I love her little pig tails. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been reading any blogs for months now with the craziness of life and I'm just starting to catch up, and WHAT?! You had a freakin baby?! Where the heck was I??? Congrats, he's adorable. And Faye is so big too. Such a cute big sister!

    ReplyDelete