Thursday, September 27

Big Girl Bed!!

who is letting my tiny baby grow up??

so 2 over weeks ago my kid started crawling out of her crib.

WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO BE SO TALL & STRONG & SMART? i mean, come on.

so then we fought her to stay in the toddler bed. mostly it resulted in sleeping on the floor.
we pushed her toddler bed up against the side of the twin bed so she wouldn't fall out, but still had a large gap to GET out. this has resulted in sleeping mostly through the night. half the time she just asks to sleep in the big bed and points at it, wanting to sleep there. but it's a twin bed ON RISERS, so if she fell off it would definitely hurt. i finally bought a bed railing for the side and installed it today. moved everything back, taught her how to climb up & down out of the bed & then put her down for her first BIG GIRL NAP!

she barely fell asleep bc she was SOOOOOOOOO excited. i mean, look at this cheese???

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad she transitioned so well! I've been wondering when we'll be putting Cora in a big girl bed, and the fact that Faye did well with it is encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is big enough for a big girl bed! And can she be any cuter? She look so much like you. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! her hair luisa! sooo cute! and that was one of my favorite Evey dresses! we love you crazy toddler Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute, and I agree from the pictures I've seen of you I see a lot of you in her, but I see some brad too. :)

    My older baby Summer started crawling out of her crib when she was just seventeen months old. I could not believe it, I had a pit in my stomach. I would keep our babies in crib until they were five if I could.

    She was too young for a big girl bed so I put a door knob safety gadget on the inside of her door so she couldn't get out and she stays in her bed now, no problem.

    Glad the transition went well, I've had some hard transitions. I have enjoyed catching up on your blog and Kirk and I are sorry to hear about a lot of the hardships your close ones have been facing. We are thinking of your family often and you are in our prayers. Take great care,

    Shauna Klippel

    ReplyDelete