Thursday, January 21

lesson learned

one thing i fear bradley & i never will agree on is movies. very few shimmy our shakes & twiddle our thumbs the same. very very few. i am definitely the more picky one. i admit it.
once in albertson's a few years ago- i saw a dandy $8 double feature dvd with these two lovelies:

both i love. family. clean. happy. "magical". both are not multimillion bajillion dollars flicks. more like "at that random theatre in town" flicks. so naturally, i bought it.

being in the mood for something different, and the rain making my bones ache for a great britain winter... i convinced brad he wanted to watch The Secret of Roan Inish. Irish flute music, beautiful scenery, a magical tale- what can go wrong?
.
i spent the next 2 hours, nay 3, until he went to sleep, listening to brad repeat everything i said in a bad irish accent.
we're never watching whale rider together- he'll probably follow me around our house doing the haka.

1 comment:

  1. I watched that seal movie when I was a kid and it FREAKED ME OUT! I have no idea why. I haven't heard about it since then. Hahah, made my day.

    ReplyDelete